SPRAT or IRATA Rope Access Training & Certification | 5-Day Course
FOR DUAL CERTIFICATIONS YOU MUST ADD THE UPGRADE: SPRAT/IRATA DUAL CERTIFICATION TO YOUR CART
5-DAY COURSE (EARN 32 ETCP RENEWAL CREDITS)
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM each day
Columbus McKinnon is proud to offer rope access training and certification, as a member of both IRATA and SPRAT, at our purpose-built, 12,000 square-foot training center, located at Rock Lititz.
Our curriculum and facility are designed for technicians of all trades and industries who employ rope access in their operations. Attendees may choose to certify under SPRAT, IRATA, or both systems.
Candidates who pass the SPRAT evaluation and/or IRATA assessment will be awarded a SPRAT and/or IRATA certification, valid for three years.
The Industrial Rope Access Trade Association (IRATA) and the Society of Professional Rope Access Technicians (SPRAT) are internationally recognized standards for rope access work. Certification is attained by completing a 4-day course, then passing a written, oral, and practical test administered by an independent IRATA Assessor or SPRAT Evaluator.
The result of SPRAT evaluations and IRATA assessments are pass or fail. In the case of a failed assessment or evaluation, certification cannot be attained on that day. A re-attempt will need to be scheduled within 60 days of the final day of training. After 60 days, or at the discretion of the trainer or assessor, a full course is required prior to re-assessment.
All equipment required for training will be provided. Participants who wish to use their own equipment may be permitted on a case-by-case basis, prior to training sessions. All such equipment must be in serviceable condition, with up-to-date inspection records. Some equipment may be denied if it does not conform to current safety standards or if it is dissimilar to equipment being used by the group.
SPRAT and/or IRATA fees are included with the cost of the training.
Refreshments and lunches provided. Please communicate any dietary needs to Brian.firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the week of training.
Discounts available for ETCP certified technicians, IATSE members in good standing, as well as military, law enforcement, and emergency response professionals.
Contact Brian.Leister@cmworks.com for details.
- Students must be 18 years or older and present a valid, government-issued ID.
- Maximum body weight of 280 lbs. due to equipment limitations.
- Eligibility for SPRAT and IRATA levels 2 and 3 require a minimum length of time since initial certification and documented rope access work experience. These pre-requisites are as follows:
- SPRAT L2 – 500 hours (as a level 1) and 6 months.
- SPRAT L3 – 500 hours (as a level 2) and 6 months.
- IRATA L2 – 1,000 hours (as a level 1) and 12 months.
- IRATA L3 – 1,000 hours (as a level 2) and 12 months.
- Guidance regarding conversion of certification to/from IRATA, SPRAT, and other organizations can be found at www.IRATA.org and www.SPRAT.org
PHYSICAL FITNESS GUIDELINES
Participants should expect to perform strenuous activity while suspended for prolonged periods of time over the course of five consecutive 8-hour days. It is strongly recommended that participants self-evaluate for the following attributes:
- Good strength-to-weight ratio
- Ability to perform at least one pull-up with chin above bar
- Average to good cardio fitness level
- 20 sit-ups or 20 stairs (16”-18”) within 2 minutes
- Full-function of extremities
- Free from injuries or chronic conditions that impair digital dexterity and/or range of movement.
- Recommended maximum body weight of 220 lbs. for people up to 6 ft. tall
- Due to equipment limitations, body weight maximum is 280 lbs.
- Each participant must assume all responsibility for monitoring their own physical limitations.
- If there are any doubts as to your physical abilities or limitations, we recommend you see your physician for a full physical before taking this course.
MENTAL APTITUDE GUIDELINES
- Safety 1st mentality
- A healthy respect for heights
- Readiness to learn, in a group environment
Rock Lititz Training Center
Training Pod #2, Suite 40
201 Rock Lititz Blvd. Lititz, PA 17543